What We Do
Information sharing through community outreaches,drama and Electronic /Mobile social media (E/M)
- Sharing information on HIV prevention, care, treatment and support
- Edutainment on causes, effects of HIV and poor drug adherence and its challenges, among other area.
- Health talks on HIV prevention, SRHR
- Dissemination of IEC/BCC messages to the communities and schools
- Age appropriate sex education.
Support groups for ongoing counseling for the young positives
- Counselling the YouthTreatment literacy.
- Peer support.
- Group dynamics
- Create Platforms for young people to sale their products
- Help young people to register their small enterprises
- Small grant
- Project proposal development
- Inspiration exchange visit
- Lobby for policy review and reforms
- Advocate for policy implementation
- Advocate for provision of quality services (youth friendly, training of health services)
- Advocate for protection and observance of human rights of young people
- participation in commemoration of national and international calendar days
- Publications and working with the media to communicate the needs of young people living with HIV that call for duty bearers’ attention.
Referral for HIV and SRH services
- Linkages to health Centre.
- Follow up
- Referral directorate
School health communication through Green Leaf Club (GLC)
- Form of Health clubs in schools.
- Train of pupils and students on SRHR
- Train of mentor-teachers and patrons on SRHR
- Disseminate of IEC materials to students, staff and non-staff members.
- Organize platforms for knowledge exchange and discussions on SRHR debates and other avenues
- Train young positive living ambassadors for a stigma free generation
- Hold parents and teachers debates (on challenges young people face on. managing their sexuality and responding to the challenges of HIV).
- Correct and consistence use of condom education.
- Condom distribution
- Address myths and mis-concepts.
- Condom promotion and social marketing campaigns
Support for orphans and other vulnerable children (OVC)
- Big Brother Big Sister initiative (BBB)
- Referral & linkages (school bursaries, legal support, treatment)
- Career guidance
- Public speaking and effective communication
- Operational Research
- YPLHIV participation /platforms (participate in national and international advocacy platforms
- Resource mobilization
- Life skills
- Income Generating Activities
- Policy reviews and documentation